I am a tall girl. I have been 5’9 since I was in the eighth grade. While, I love being tall now, it was not always a blessing. I used to hate it as a child. When I was growing up, clothing did not cater or tall people. I spent the better part of my life wearing pants that were too short. I am so glad to see the fashion industry has finally caught on to the fact that tall people like good fashion too! I still have on huge complaint though. You have to be careful when buying tall dress pants. For some reason some brands of dress pants that come in tall, seem to have a mile long crotch and go all the way up to right under your chest. Tall people do not have extra long crotches, we have extra long legs and torsos! There is a difference. Nothing irks me more than to try on a pair of dress pants and the crotch hangs practically to my knees. There are a few stores out there that have low rise tall clothes. These are the stores I have the most luck with:
1. American Eagle: You can get jeans and dress pants in talls with a low rise fit. They have a large selection. You can practically get any cut of jean or dress pant in tall as well.
2. The Buckle: This is a great store for buying jeans because they are sized by length and waist in inches rather than size 8, 10, and so on. This works out great for the person who has extremely long legs but isn’t that big in the behind or waist. They offer a multitude of styles to choose from. The lengths even go up to a 35 1/2 inseam. Which, for people like me who are tall but still like the jeans to brush the bottom of the shoe in back even in hills, it is great.
3. JC Penny: I just recently found a brand a JC Penny that has a small selection of really dressy pants for work in tall. The brand is Worthington. You have to be selective as some of the styles are too high cut in the waist and have the long crotch. However, they have a limited selection of tall dress pants that have a lower rise in the waist.
Finally two stores with some promise are Victoria’s Secret and New York in Company. These two stores have a great selection of styles and colors but have a little work to do in some areas. Victoria’s Secret needs to add a few inches to their (tall) inseam. Their pants are not long enough if you wear any kind of heel at all. New York and Company has great lengths and a terrific variety in color but seem to have higher waisted pants with a long crotch. If they could fix these two issues, their pants would be great and they are affordable too!
- Related Blogs on Dress Pants
- Dress code: business casual for men | YouLookFab
- Related Blogs on Torsos
- Inside IOL Blog » Blog Archives » Who has the hottest torso?
- Tuesday Torsos: Gareth Bale « Kickette
- Tuesday Torsos: Marco Borriello « Kickette
- Tuesday Torsos: Clemens Fritz « Kickette
- Thursday Torsos: Bojan Krkic « Kickette
- Related Blogs on Worthington
- Lazy Mondays @ Dolores Park | The Steel Closet